If your ad package includes a vehicle history report, you may have received an email asking for you to add your car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number). This information is required for us to generate the report specific to your vehicle.
Your VIN can be found on your car’s build plate in the engine bay, on the passenger side windshield or in the door jamb. If you can't find it on the vehicle itself, it can also be found on your registration and car insurance documentation.
Adding VIN number to your ad on desktop
- Sign in to your carsales account or hover the mouse over your name in the top right corner to make the drop-down list appear - as displayed below.
- Click on the Manage Ads option from the drop-down list.
- Your ads will now be displayed. Click on Manage ad for the ad you would like to update.
- Select the Edit ad details tab.
- Scroll down to Car details section and then type in your VIN and click Save.
Adding VIN number to your ad via the carsales App
- Go to the carsales App and select the Account tab.
- Sign in to your carsales account (if you haven’t already).
- Tap the Sell tab located at the bottom of the screen then select Manage my ad.
- Select the edit button on the ad you wish to manage.
- Tap the second icon on the left side of your screen (Car Details) and scroll down until you reach the VIN field. Fill in your VIN.
- Tap the bottom icon on the left side, then tap Publish located in the top right corner.