PrivacyProtect is a service offered by carsales to help keep your personal details safe online by hiding your phone number from buyers. PrivacyProtect provides you with a pre-paid virtual phone number that will be displayed on your advert. Any buyer that rings the number will be diverted to your designated personal number without them ever seeing your actual number.
Below, we have outlined the easy steps to help you top up your PrivacyProtect balance.
To top up your PrivacyProtect balance via desktop
- Sign in to your carsales account
- Hover the mouse over your name in the top right corner and Select Manage Ads from the drop down menu.
- Next select the Improve your ad tab.
- Under the PrivacyProtect heading, select Learn More.
- This will take you to the PrivacyProtect page where you can select Top Up to add more funds to your PrivacyProtect account balance.
To top up your PrivacyProtect balance via the carsales App
- Go to the carsales App and select the Account tab located at the bottom of your screen.
- Sign into your carsales account (if you haven’t already).
- Tap the Sell tab located at the bottom of the screen.
- Then select Manage my ad and tap the edit button on the ad you wish to manage.
- Next, tap the phone icon located on the left side of the screen and select the Topup $20 button, then click Next.
- You will need to make the payment of $20 by selecting Pay by and following the payment prompts.