Pricing your car might be challenging if you don't know the market, here's where we can help. carsales PriceAssist is exclusive to carsales members and provides real-time insights on Australia's largest automotive marketplace to make pricing your car easy.
Best of all, it's free and available to all sellers on carsales.
PriceAssist is different to a RedBook value which is based on depreciation costs. PriceAssist will show you:
- How many cars like yours are for sale right now or have sold in the last 12 months
- How these cars compare to yours in price and kilometres travelled
- How long on average a car like yours takes to sell
- How to price your car to suit your ideal time to sell
How to access PriceAssist on carsales
- Sign in to your carsales account or hover the mouse over your name in the top right corner to make the drop-down list appear - as displayed below.
- Click on the Manage Ads option from the drop-down list.
- Your ads will now be displayed. Click on Manage ad for the ad you want to view in more detail
- Select the edit ad tab and scroll down to Ad details .
- Click on the "Need help pricing your car” link
- Select a time period (we recommend in the last 6 months).
- Tick the body style, engine, transmission and fuel type of your car. This will ensure the price comparison data will compare the same type of car.
- We recommend keeping the Sold or listed by to both Private and Dealer sellers. Then click Compare.
- It's always best to compare by your state, as every state can vary in demand and market value.
- Compare cars one year older and newer than your own, as you may not find cars the same year as yours in the comparison. You may find cars slightly newer selling for a similar price to what you have listed yours at
The market comparison will give you an idea of where you currently sit online against other sellers on carsales. Enter a test price to play around with your market position.
Please note that the PriceAssist tool is not currently available on the carsales App.